The Thing About Eyebrows
Eyebrow grooming for men: I did eyebrow threading for the first time in my life. Other than being 2 lumps of hair above our eyes, there are something more interesting about eyebrows
You probably can’t tell from the picture, but I’ve actually done something to my eyebrows.
Last week, I did eyebrow threading for the first time in my life.
It probably isn’t something worth mentioning for the ladies and some very well-groomed men, but coming from a man who has never groom his eyebrows (oh please, spare me the plucking and tweezing!) I must admit that I like the result, and I think it’s really something that you should try and keep it as a part of your grooming routine.
I didn’t try it earlier because I doubted its effectiveness and necessity – I don’t have unibrow, and my eyebrows are nothing near the word “bushy” so I don’t think it’ll make much difference to my face. Plus, the feminine notion that comes with it. Ahem.
I gave it a try anyway when I was meeting up with my female friends last week. They have made threading appointment with a salon pior to the meeting and so I tagged along.
Here’s an old picture taken before the threading:
I think defined eyebrows make my face appears cleaner and sharper. It was a little smudgy around the brows area before the grooming.
Other than being 2 lumps of hair above our eyes, there are something more interesting about eyebrows:
- You recognise faces by eyebrows – They are much more important than the eyes when you’re trying to visually identify a person.
- Eyebrows grow two times slower than your hair. So you don’t need to groom it like how often you shave.
- You can’t make the correct facial expressions without eyebrows.
- Unibrow is never good.
- In case you wonder, threading, tweezing and plucking are kinda… painful, Even for men.
- Women like your bushy (but groomed) eyebrows.
- Thin & high-arched brows make you look feminine.
- Personal advice: It’s best to leave eyebrow grooming to the professional. 🙂 Tweezing and plucking them yourself is just too troublesome (for men.)
If you have not been paying much attention to your eyebrows, consider giving threading a try. Putting in some effort to groom your eyebrows doesn’t hurt your manliness. 🙂